Tuesday, August 19, 2014

there isn’t much to say
so,
get out of here
 go read someone else
 who’s actually doing something productive
 and has important things to say
 and knows how to say them well
 someone who isn’t stuck in the same place
 spinning in endless useless circles
 I feel a template update coming on getting sick of seeing that hand outstretched
 it means too much of the same thing I say
 Much louder than I intend
 But it sounds good to hear my own voice
 louder than normal
 without me flying through the air
as if it has some kind of intention
other than to hurt someone else
which is what I hope it will do

evil
conniving
manipulative

 I say I mean this all as explanation
 I mean to say that I don’t want to be your Fascination
 that I can deal with being Enigmatic
 that you can label me in any way you choose
 and make suppositions about my life based on the way I part my hair
 the way I whisper when I’m afraid or tired or because when we met I was sitting on a park bench reading a book written by an unpopular communist leader
 but don’t tell me I’m that
 because fascinations are things we attach to pop artists shoe styles video DJs
 and other things that expire faster than dairy products

 Fascination is what you have for the cute Starbucks barista with brilliant green eyes who always remembers your drink order and winks when arrive to take it away –
like there’s some secret only the two of you know.

That’s it.
Because you’ll be sad the day you go in and he isn’t there.
Replaced by some skinny girl with a ponytail – who won’t even notice that you come in every day. But you’ll still get your coffee, and you’ll probably forget about those green eyes before you’re finished drinking it.


 I am not take-away meant to be consumed after a late night binge at the club and forgotten

No comments: